Europa League: FC Dnipro 1-0 Tottenham Hotspur

Archive of all the match topics of the 2013-2014 season.

Return to Season 2013-2014

Who will win the match?

Dnipro
No votes
Spurs
100%
Draw
No votes

Total votes : 4

Re: Europa League: FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk v Tottenham Hots

Postby Man called Sun » 21 Feb 2014, 09:10

I gotta be honest, I made a conscious decision before the kick off to watch the female Figure Skating final instead. and gotta say, Im really happy with my decision! Sure, I still was able to watch a lot of minutes of the match, but what I was seeing from Sochi had me in such awe that I barely cared about our poor display, that disgusting field and Soldado's ongoing meltdown.

I think I have finally found the way to stop Spurs from driving me into depression. Too bad a televised figure skating event of such quality doesn't take place every weekend

:sadz:
Man called Sun
First Team Rookie

Reputation point: 136

Postby PnR61 » 21 Feb 2014, 20:07

There is always Dancing on ice :lol:
PnR61
Star Player

Reputation point: 752

Postby The Slikmeister » 22 Feb 2014, 16:18

I don't think I've ever seen us play that well in any Europa League match that I've watched.
Over the last 3 seasons we've progressed well enough & won the majority of our games but there always seems to be something missing.
I cant quiet put my finger on it but whatever 11 we put out we just don't seem to be able to perform in this competition.
My only comment on this dour affair is on Soldado. An absolutely unbelievable miss.
I thought that after Sergei Rebrov we couldn't possibly make a pigs ear of it again when we spunked a wad of cash on a goal scorer but with this c*nt it appears we have!
Oh'll my dazzzzzzzzzzzzzzze!!!
We must be cursed.
The Slikmeister
Academy Player

Reputation point: 207

Postby R 2 da A 2 da J » 22 Feb 2014, 17:25

Yeh I also can't remember us putting in a really good performance in the Europa against a good/decent team.

Our play is never fluid, usually scrappy affairs. :think:
R 2 da A 2 da J
Spurs Legend

Reputation point: 970

Postby Man called Sun » 22 Feb 2014, 21:51

What about last year against Inter at the Lane? I know it wasn't Inter's best season, but we got everyone singing us praises with that first half performance, and many neutrals around the world started saying how we finally were looking like one of Europe's top teams (too bad we completely destroyed that image the week after when we visited them :mrgreen: ).
Man called Sun
First Team Rookie

Reputation point: 136

Postby PnR61 » 22 Feb 2014, 23:57

We played one match this season against Tblisi, with a midfield 3 of Sandro, Holtby and Carroll. That wasn't to shabby.

Playing against decent sides in Europa ? We've probably only faced about 5 since Jol got us back in the comp. The best of the lot was probably Seville and Dani Alves, and they dicked us. Basle were a good outfit last season, Inter were plop.
PnR61
Star Player

Reputation point: 752

Previous

Return to Season 2013-2014